Nicknamed “The stem cell machine” by the TV show The Doctors, SoftWave therapy uses sound waves to:
When applied to injuries and lesions, low level laser light has been shown to stimulate healing and to reduce pain by accelerating the speed, quality and strength of tissue repair and the reduction of inflammation. Furthermore, laser therapy has been found to be particularly effective over other standard therapies in relieving pain and other symptoms associated with injuries as it impacts the complete system of targeted muscles, tendons, ligaments, connective tissue, bone, nerve, and dermal tissues.
Lasers can strengthen damaged cells. Using photochemical processes, laser light inserts bio- photons into damaged cells. The cells begin to produce energy (ATP), which improves their function, assists their division, strengthens the body's immune system, and causes the secretion of various hormones. The tissues are healed, and pain diminishes. If damaged cells have died, the bio-photons help the division of neighboring cells, generating new tissues, and thus bring about healing.
Therefore, the Erchonia FX635 laser promotes healing, regeneration and pain reduction through the following mechanisms:
1) increased cell membrane polarization and permeability
2) increased ATP production and respiratory chain activity
3) increased enzyme activity
4) increased collagen and epithelial production
5) increased capillary formation
6) increased macrophage (immune) activity
7) analgesic effects due to elevated endorphin production, electrolytic nerve blockage, and improved blood and lymph flow
8) anti-inflammatory effect due to improved circulation and accelerated tissue regeneration; and
9) increased production of antioxidants.